Saturday, November 08, 2008

road of CONFIDENCE

today my biochem lecturer did mentioned something that i'd like to share out here...he said that, one of the best quality of a good doctor is being
...C O N F I D E N T...
  • how would you be a doctor who ensure your patient later on...
  • how do you gain trust by others when you are not sure of yourself...
  • how would you answer questions without having doubts on your knowledge...
  • how would you explain without being nervous and stay calm while revealing your opinion...
thinking back, what he said was extremely true...no wonder he had been so, i shall say, spooky...i mean everytime he entered our class, there'll be like a chilly atmosphere surrounding the air, everyone will sit up straight, being extra alert to whatever he said, and an overrushed of adrenaline will go all over the body...heart seemed like stopped beating...no one dares to look at him in the eyes...especially in the beginning of the class...because he'll start with his "student primetime" session...haha...he'll ask about whatever we had learnt previously...i mean, ALL THAT WE HAD LEARNT...and turns his questions up-side-down, or start doubting...huhuhu...its a mess...whoever is chosen, will feel his/her badluck had just arrived, and of course major released for the rest :D and know what,
TODAY I MADE A HISTORY...I WAS THE CHOSEN ONE :D
"yes, you miss...tell me about the heme synthesis...from the beginning, starting from the sites..."
shockingly, i wasn't shocked...i stood up calmly & started answering...god i'm really glad i had read the notes + diagram just before the class...no wonder i felt like reading out loud the substances and enzymes involved, trying to understand the process...so glad i did...otherwise i'll be empty and blurr...not mentioning humiliated in front of 126 pairs of eyes...well, LUCKY ME ...although, there was several times that i had to pause...of course i did, i only managed to remember the abreviation of those substances and not the exact full name...besides, you get blank...no more paper you could find in your mind, COMPLETELY BLANK ...and if you wanna take a slight peek on the notes on your desk, he'll quickly said "don't look at your notes!!" huu~~~ well, overall...i did it well...answered back all his twisting enquiries...at least he didn't recognised the things i said as "new discovery" which meant for wrong facts...haha...anyway, its nice to have a lecturer like him...WE ARE FORCED TO REMEMBER...he'll have his "student time" session at anytime he wants during his class...and he'll ask the person to tell all over again...and of course, "don't look at the notes!!"...he enjoys doing that, yeah i can see...and everyone will enjoy it too...plus that, it wasn't them that is being called... :D


in other form
CONFIDENT = CALM+KNOWLEDGE+COURAGE

You Are CONFIDENT
You have the attitude and self esteem to take on anything. Failure is beyond not an option for you - it doesn't even cross your mind. People envy your ability to take on any challenge ... and they're secretly afraid you think you're better than them. You don't. You're just sure of yourself.

quote of the day:
I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't, I just know I'll turn back

I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack

The courage to serve them with reliance
Face my mistakes without defiance

Show them I'm worthy, and while I show them
I'll show me

Let them bring on all their problems
I'll do better than my best

I have confidence they'll put me to the test
But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

And mind me with each step I am more certain
Everything will turn out fine
I have confidence the world can all be mine

They'll have to agree I have confidence in me

It tells me all I trust I lead my heart to
All I trust becomes my own

I have confidence in confidence alone
Besides which you see I have confidence in me!!

~ maria - I Have Confidence ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...